Life is good today!

Newton Family

Monday, December 6, 2010

Where the WILD things are!

And so we begin the Winter/Holiday season. My children are super excited and I have very quickly learned that my new favorite words are "Santa's watching"!
 I am very proud of my mighty hunter hubby! He snagged a nice 8 point 16.75 in. spread buck on the 1st day. I'm even more excited that the mounted antlers get to be nicely displayed at camp and not in my living room :) 

Poor Cole, I'm sure this will come back to haunt him one day!
 He loves his bagels and cream cheese!
 This is how we roll when it's cold outside!
 Ho Ho Ho!
 This is what I do with him when I can't keep up with keeping him off the table, out of the fish tank, or from climbing over the gates! (i'm joking!)
 So here's my dilemma! We brought this sad looking Christmas tree up from the basement and the kids are super excited to decorate it. However, my lovely son seems to think that the glass ornaments are really baseballs, golf balls, footballs... you get the picture. Soooo I believe this year anything I actually like is going to stay in the attic. Please keep this in mind when you come to our house and see our sad looking tree!
 Maybe we'll do ribbons or plastic bulbs or popcorn. No he'd probably eat the popcorn.
 Good thing he's so cute!
 You thought I was joking about the fish tank thing huh!
 My beautiful little ladybug! I'd like to take this moment to brag about my daughter. This is my blog I'm aloud to do that, right! Well a few weeks ago she made her Christmas list for Santa "barbie, barbie, barbie, barbie, barbie, barbie.... real computer" Oh dear! So the other day she comes up to me and says "Mommy do you know why I asked Santa for so many barbies?" "no Courtney, why" "So I can share them with all the girls I know like Carsyn, and Claire, and Kate (all her cousins) and they can have barbies too" Melt my freaken heart. Thats my girl always thinking of others and sharing everything she has. I LOVE that girl!
 Our 1st big snow storm. Not really that big, but enough to shovel and play in!



 Cole and I watching out the front window. I was saying "sit down" as taking this picture... rewind repeat about a hundred times. His new thing is saying "Ut Oh" and covering his mouth when he drops something or throws it down the steps. He also loves to show us the "hot" items in our house like the fire or coffee. His vocabulary is really expanding. Still no final word on his heart echo but we're pretty confident everything is great. 
James told me that our neighbor was thanking him and Courtney for helping shovel her driveway and Courtney replied "that's what neighbors are for"!♥

♥Love you all and God Bless!♥

2 comments:

  1. I love the new blog! I'm now a follower and can't wait to see more posts!
    Love you all, Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm. can i borrow the wooden dome???

    ReplyDelete